Shop the Best Home Decor in the Henderson Area
Home Decor: Elevate Your Living Spaces
Transform the aesthetics of your living space with Walker Furniture's exquisite home decor collection. Every piece is thoughtfully curated to reflect sophistication, functionality, and timeless appeal. Let the beauty of your home shine through with our handpicked furnishings and accents.
Reflect Beauty with the Best Mirrors
Warmth and Ambiance: Best Fireplaces for Cozy Homes
Nothing creates a warm, inviting ambiance quite like a
Walker Furniture believes in the transformative power of decor. It's not just about filling spaces; it's about creating memories, setting moods, and designing atmospheres. Dive deep into our home decor range and find pieces that resonate with your style and make your home genuinely yours.
FAQs About Fireplaces
- What are the different types of fireplaces?
There are several types of fireplaces, including:
- Wood-Burning Fireplaces: Traditional fireplaces that use logs as fuel.
- Gas Fireplaces: Use natural gas or propane and often have a switch or remote control.
- Electric Fireplaces: Use electricity to produce heat and often feature a faux flame for ambiance.
- Ethanol Fireplaces: Burn bioethanol fuel, are ventless and produce a real flame.
- Pellet Stoves: Use compressed pellets made from wood or other materials as fuel.
- Do all fireplaces need venting?
Not all. While wood-burning and some gas fireplaces require venting, electric and ethanol fireplaces are typically vent-free. Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions to determine if venting is required.
- How often should I have my fireplace cleaned or inspected?
For wood-burning fireplaces, an annual inspection and cleaning by a professional chimney sweep are recommended. Gas fireplaces should also be inspected annually, although they might not need cleaning as often.
- Are electric fireplaces energy-efficient?
Yes, electric fireplaces are generally considered energy-efficient, converting most of the electricity they use into heat. They can be a cost-effective way to provide supplemental heating to a room.
- Can I convert my wood-burning fireplace to a gas one?
In many cases, yes. Conversion kits are available, but the process should be handled by a professional to ensure safety and proper functionality.
- Are fireplaces safe for homes with children or pets?
Fireplaces can be safe if precautions are taken. For homes with children or pets, consider installing a safety screen or gate. Always supervise children and pets around an active fireplace.
- How much does it cost to run a fireplace?
The cost varies depending on the type of fireplace and local fuel prices. Wood can be costly unless you have your own source, while natural gas and electricity prices vary by region. Electric fireplaces can cost a few cents per hour when operating without heat, and up to 15 cents per hour with the heater on.
- What's the difference between a fireplace and a fireplace insert?
A fireplace is built into the structure of the home, while a fireplace insert is a unit inserted into an existing fireplace opening, typically to increase efficiency.
- Are there any environmental concerns with wood-burning fireplaces?
Yes, wood-burning fireplaces can emit particles that contribute to indoor and outdoor air pollution. It's essential to burn dry, seasoned wood and consider EPA-certified models that reduce emissions.
- Can I hang a TV above my fireplace?
It's possible, but there are considerations to keep in mind, such as the heat emitted from the fireplace and potential viewing angles. It's best to consult with a professional before installation.